05 Jul How much do freelancers get paid?
The Earnings of Popular Freelancing Professions
Freelancing encompasses a wide range of work, and the earning potential varies across different professions. Typically, more technical roles tend to command higher rates. Based on research data from CNBC and other sources, we’ve compiled the average hourly rates and annual salaries for some of the most popular freelancing professions below.
1. Writers: Freelance writers, on average, charge between $30-40 per hour, earning an annual salary of approximately $42,000.
2. Editors: Freelance editors earn around $25-35 per hour, with an annual salary of about $40,000.
3. Programmers: Across various programming languages, freelance programmers make an average of $60-70 per hour, amounting to an annual salary of around $120,000.
4. General Developers: Freelance developers specializing in general programming tasks can expect to earn between $50-60 per hour, with an annual income of approximately $100,000.
5. Mobile Developers: Mobile app developers, on average, charge an hourly rate of $55-65 as freelancers, resulting in an annual salary of $100,000.
6. Web Developers: Freelance web developers, who design and create websites, typically charge an hourly rate of $50-60, earning an annual income of about $90,000.
7. Graphic Designers: Freelance graphic designers set their hourly rate at approximately $40-45, yielding an annual salary of around $90,000.
8. Transcribers: Freelance transcriptionists earn around $20-25 per hour, amounting to an annual salary of about $32,000.
9. Bookkeepers: Freelance bookkeepers charge $30-35 per hour, with an annual salary of approximately $40,000.
10. Online Marketers: Freelance digital marketers earn an average of $50 per hour, resulting in an annual salary of approximately $100,000.
11. Photographers: Freelance photographers charge an hourly rate between $35-45, earning an annual salary of around $42,000.
12. CRM Managers: Customer Relations Managers (CRMs) operating as freelancers can expect to earn $50-60 per hour, amounting to an annual salary of around $120,000.
13. Data Analysts: Freelance data analysts make an average of $55-65 per hour, with an annual salary of $100,000.
It’s important to note that these figures represent average rates and salaries, and individual earnings may vary based on factors such as experience, expertise, location, and project scope. Freelancers who establish a strong reputation, specialize in high-demand areas, and consistently deliver quality work often have greater potential to earn at the higher end of the spectrum in their respective fields.